This is a real-life case study featuring two examples of “How I Executed Integrated Corporate Branding Campaigns with Celebrities, Athletes, Musicians, & Influencers” when you have a limited budget, or the brand does not have mass notoriety, or the product is not that well known or might be a global brand but in a niche market. These elements are key when you have a limited talent budget, and you are going in to negotiate. You also must have a diverse and wide network of contacts in your field, have and continue growing your friendships, and have influence with your peers.
I am a digital agency Co-Founder of PopTech Studio, start-up entrepreneur and Co-Founder of Swiss Precision, Hopeful Intention, and B Side Vinyl.
My career spans over 25 years in product management and marketing, with experience executing and managing the entire product life cycle. I have worked in many industries including music, film, TV, electronics, software, sports, fashion, consumer goods, healthcare, law, dental, action sports, military, aerospace, automotive, IoT, medical, and industrial.
I have helped over 60+ artists in marketing their career and music sales for Miguel, George Clinton, Lil Jon, Nelly, Ne-Yo, Nipsey Hustle, Pitbull, Snoop Dogg, Too Short, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Exhibit, Smash Mouth, Wu Tang Clan, and Ying Yang Twins among others. I produced Pink’s first online celebrity chat, and Dr. Dre’s first online chat room for the release of 2001, for Interscope Records and AOL, and received seven platinum and gold plaque awards for marketing artists.
I have worked on more campaigns for iconic brands, influencers, and athletes than you can shake an iPhone at. My long-time business partner and creative director, Ziggy Kormandel and I have produced projects for Marvel, Nirve Sports, HP, Warner Bros., Panasonic, Vans Warped Tour, Justin.tv, Sony Pictures, Anonymous Content, The Green Hornet, The Smurfs, Priest, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Gravity UI (the movie), Nike, Best Western, Shop.com, Havoc TV, Directv, WorldStarHipHop, Nestle, John Starks, Marco Fabian, Dwight Howard, Metta World Peace, Akon, among others.
Here are five things about me.
1) I owned the first gaming console (Atari 2600), yeah, I was a gamer in 1980. You ever hear of pong? Pac Man, or Asteroids? Ok seriously?
2) I am a digital junky, with a love for music, marketing, and art. I started my professional career as a musician, moved out to Los Angeles in 1988 to further my percussion studies, and career, and be a part of music and traditional entertainment. While I pursued music, performing locally, and recording in Hollywood, I landed a role as a featured drummer in the movie The Borrower, B-horror film, starring Rae Dawn Chong (https://tinyurl.com/43pusrp4).
3) I fell in love with the internet v.1111 in 1994, learned HTML and Photoshop, created one of the first online music magazines, and founded a digital creative agency in 1996 when not many people had email, or knew how to register a URL on the World Wide Web.
4) I obsess over customers, work vigorously to earn, and keep customer trust, aligning this data with product development. I pay attention to trends, and competitors. I think and create BIG, communicate a bold direction that inspires, raising the bar and drive teams to deliver high quality products, services, processes, and never settling.
5) I pinch myself everyday because, “I do what I do for a living”. Business, people, marketing, music, art, bitcoin, NFTs, paddle boarding, sunrises, and sunsets are my passion.
Served on the Board of 3DX and was a member of the Board of Advisers at HotClick Video, acquired by Cinsay, Inc. Represented OnlineShowOff.com / ModelShowOff.com through the entire life cycle in an acquisition, purchased by Action Media. Co-Founder and Angel Investor of Conectados.com. Producer and Angel Investor of Independent Video Show (IVS). Co-Founder of The iFirm, Inc., creator and developer of TV Desktop. Founder of Boomshaka Music Online, one of the Internet’s first (1994) online music magazines. A voluteer at Homeboy Industries, and lives in Long Beach, California.
“I’m proud to say that nothing brings me greater satisfaction than when I know I’ve brought the best creative ideas and solutions that emotionally connect to the customer. Unique and entertaining, they exceed the client’s sales or branding objectives. New ideas on design, opens peoples minds up to the creative world of marketing, which is my passion; opportunities for making an impact and adding value to companies are what also inspire me in my life.”
I am always excited to discover new creative and executive opportunities with clients, and I am open to learn about your non-profit or joining your board to understand how I can provide value.